Local authority advisory service
We offer impartial advice to support local authorities to undertake ambitious infrastructure projects with confidence.
- Our team of experienced advisers has significant infrastructure development, delivery and financing expertise.
- We can provide financial and commercial advice on any economic infrastructure project and have particular specialisms in retrofit, heat networks, transport and mixed infrastructure.
- By engaging with local authorities across the UK, we can share lessons learned from similar projects.
- Our advice is impartial so there is no obligation to access our lending services. However, we can add unique value by combining our advisory services with lending on projects where appropriate.
Our advice is tailored to different phases of the project lifecycle:
- We help local authorities develop affordable infrastructure strategies which deliver value for money and impact. For example, we can review a portfolio of projects and provide advice on prioritisation and identify opportunities to leverage both public and private finance.
- We help ensure that individual projects are affordable, deliverable and viable. For example, during project development we can assess strategic, financial and commercial risks, stress test assumptions and help design appropriate commercial and financial structures and delivery models.
Our local authority senior team for advisory services:
Lorna Pimlott – Managing Director
Dan Mansfield – Director for Transport
Raphael Miller – Director for Mixed Infrastructure
Stuart Leslie – Director for Retrofit
Peter Chalmers – Director for Heat Networks
We remain committed to providing advisory services across the breadth of our mandate. We encourage any local authority with an eligible project to contact our team direct or through our dedicated mailbox.
We also offer local authority lending