Support the management of the IT supply chain by operating with autonomy as a central referral point between business demand and IT supply to deliver resilient and responsive services within defined service levels.
Core role accountabilities
- Monitor and record supplier performance and compliance against defined quality standards and practices to deliver an end-to-end IT service provision.
- Collect, process, and report agreed metrics to various stakeholder groups for awareness, action, and escalation where necessary.
- Analyse, evaluate, prioritise, authorise and co-ordinate delivery of change requests in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Track, report, close IT change requests.
- Assist with the testing of software to determine suitability before integration into the existing IT estate.
- Perform proactive problem management and manage recurring incidents with suppliers for resolution.
- Assess, classify, and manage unplanned release change requests with service providers and business stakeholders to minimise service disruption.
- Monitor, analyse, plan and report on service availability and capacity, identifying and escalating risks and issues for resolution in collaboration with service providers.
- Conduct post implementation reviews to assess and report on the impact of new or changed services and make recommendations for improvement.
- Update and maintain the IT risk register communicating additions or changes to relevant stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Service and Incident Management based on ITIL best practice.
- Excellent problem solving and fault diagnosing skills and ability to articulate solutions in a business context.
- Knowledge of supporting relevant system applications, ideally within financial services.
- Ability to work with internal support teams and 3rd party service providers to anticipate and resolve issues to deliver a continuously improving service proposition.
- Demonstrable systems analysis skills and attributes within a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision and prioritise own work effectively.
- Ability to translate the language of customers into useful technical information and vice versa.
- Strong commitment to delivering service.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Professional Service Management (ITIL) qualification.
- Accreditation(s) in any Microsoft Azure technologies.
- Knowledge of COBIT 5 framework.
- Good facilitation experience.
- Experience working with multiple IT managed service providers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business processes, ideally within financial services.
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively represent UKIB through building collaborative relationships.
- Experience of managing a diverse set of internal and external stakeholder relationships.
This role is open to full-time, part-time or job-share applicants. Job-share applicants should supply individual CVs and a joint cover letter.
Sift criteria and apply
To apply for this position please email an up to date CV along with a 500 word statement of suitability to Careers@ukib.org.uk to be considered for this role.