Director Advisory - Cities Investment
Director, Cities Investment
This role will drive infrastructure investment in cities across the UK in support of the Bank’s net zero and local growth strategic goals. You will be responsible for building UKIB’s local authority lending business through strategic relationships with priority cities and regions.
Core role accountabilities
- Establish the Bank’s leadership in the local government infrastructure sector. Build credible rapport with city CEOs and local leaders and own the primary relationship with the cities across the UK
- Originate, identify and screen potential projects for UKIB and make recommendations to ExCo investment committee on the potential eligibility of projects based upon their commercial and policy impact viability. Lead a deal team in the negotiation and due diligence process.
- Develop UKIB’s product offering, responding to local authority infrastructure financing needs. Work closely with the bank’s advisory function for local authorities including to identify projects for support and drive the overall pipeline
- Actively lead engagement with key stakeholders and thought leaders at local, national and UK levels, including central and devolved government departments and representative bodies for local government. Build the profile of UKIB in local government, including speaking at relevant events and conferences, to generate new opportunities to meet the Bank’s annual targets.
- Develop capability in the team and organisation. As a senior leader you will have responsibility for managing and resourcing teams to deliver business targets. You will also have a leadership role in building the culture of the broader organisation.
- Work in an open, constructive and collaborative manner with senior colleagues across the Bank to share expert knowledge and experience, construct sector strategies and assess the suitability of prospective deals to fulfil the strategic mission of the Bank.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience requirements
- Proven experience in financing or delivering local infrastructure investment.
- Experience building new business areas and teams.
- Experience of working with both government finance and institutional investors.
- Must be commercially astute and demonstrate excellent negotiation skills.
- Be an ambassador for the green growth mission - contribute to the culture of the organisation
- Experience of managing formal lending processes; including negotiation, due diligence and review of contracts, assessment of risks would be an advantage.
Sift criteria and apply
To apply for this position please email an up to date CV along with a 500 word statement of suitability to Careers@ukib.org.uk to be considered for this role. Or you can apply via LinkedIn on the link below.