Manager, Banking and Investment
Manager, Banking and Investment
This role is for a manager in the Banking and Investments team focusing on originating, structuring and negotiating complex, bespoke infrastructure transactions with the Bank providing debt, equity or guarantees. The scope of investments will be regional or UK national level however co-investors would include key financial institutions both in the UK and globally.
The successful candidate will support on the origination, due diligence and closing of transactions that meet the Bank’s mission statement.
They will also act as an ambassador for the Bank’s twin missions of Local and regional growth and the Net Zero transition.
Core role accountabilities
- Support the team in external market engagement with investors, developers, banks and industry players to help build the profile of UKIB in the market and proactively generate new opportunity.
- Support the team in identifying and screening potential projects for the Bank and the production of executive committee papers on the potential eligibility of projects based upon their commercial and policy impact viability.
- Work as a supporting and proactive member of the deal team in the due diligence process, including assessment of third party due diligence provided by technical, legal, and other advisors and help produce investment papers for approval.
- Build internal financial models and interrogate external financial models to enable the deal team to assess transactions with detailed sensitivity analysis to help determine the level of risk, viability and bankability of transactions.
- Develop a technical understanding of the Bank’s full product suite including, debt, mezzanine and guarantees, to help deliver effective financing solutions that meet the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Support the Portfolio Team during the handover process with deal knowledge on closed projects to help manage the underlying risk of transactions.
- Develop positive working relationships and interface in an open, constructive and collaborative manner with internal stakeholders to help ensure a co-ordinated approach in a deal lifecycle by helping to manage the internal due diligence process which will allow deals to reach Investment Committee in a timely and efficient manner.
- Taking a leading role for the Bank in its policy initiatives by utilising the Bank's full product suite - including debt, equity and guarantees - to deliver effective financing solutions that meet the Bank's strategic infrastructure objectives.
- Proactively commit to continual professional development and demonstrate a positive attitude towards gaining experience and knowledge by attending infrastructure conferences and from working closely alongside senior members of the wider team on transactions.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience requirements
- Experience in infrastructure or corporate finance and sound infrastructure market knowledge
- Financially astute with experience of building, interrogating and reviewing complex structured/project finance models
- In-depth financial modelling and analytical ability and sound numeracy skills
- Confidence in building relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Commercially astute and skilled in understanding and digesting complex information and data as part of a due diligence process
- Good communicator including strong written/report writing skills
Sift criteria and apply
To apply for this position please email an up to date CV along with a 500 word statement of suitability to Careers@ukib.org.uk to be considered for this role. Or you can apply via LinkedIn on the link below.