IT Service Manager
IT Service Manager
Develop, implement and manage the strategy and plan for the provision of resilient and responsive IT products and services to meet the needs of the business, through a team of Analysts and multiple suppliers.
Core role accountabilities
- Select and manage multiple supplier/vendor relationships including performance reviews, compliance, and risk, to deliver an end-to-end IT service provision.
- Define IT value and performance metrics to measure the behaviour, activities, and performance of service providers and the overall UKIB IT function.
- Collaborate with business colleagues to understand service needs and influence responsible consumption of IT services.
- Manage emergency changes from identification to resolution, ensuring appropriate updates for key stakeholders.
- Identify and manage the release calendar to define deployment windows and coordinate releases across services to ensure minimal disruption.
- Review usage patterns of applications and infrastructure to identify and manage risks associated with availability and capacity.
- Manage the service portfolio and change demand to balance IT requests business units, processes, and IT investment categories.
- Define and manage incident and service request classification schemes, service desk processes and procedures to ensure an efficient best practice service.
- Manage the IT asset lifecycle ensuring cost and licensing is optimised and appropriate for UKIB.
- Model costs and create/maintain budgets for the IT Product that illustrate the cost of IT and impacts of change initiatives.
- Lead and motivate a high performing team to deliver a responsive IT service for the business.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience requirements
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in Service implementation and management.
- Professional Service Management (ITIL v3/v4) qualification.
- Proven team leadership experience.
- Relationship management capabilities, including demonstrable experience of representing IT with Senior Management colleagues and 3rd party Service Providers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to articulate complex solutions in a business context.
- Strong commitment to delivering excellent service with an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and resourcing.
- Ability to convert divisional priorities and goals into operational plans.
- Demonstrable experience of operating effectively in a challenging delivery focused environment containing blended teams (e.g., permanent, contract, vendor, managed service providers and systems integrators).
- Accreditation(s) in any Microsoft Azure technologies.
- Good knowledge of COBIT 5 framework.
- Good facilitation experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business processes associated with financial services.
- Understanding of broader Change Management principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Awareness of the financial services industry, markets and competitors and the associated regulatory environment.
- Excellent communication, engagement and influencing skills.
This role is open to full-time, part-time or job-share applicants. Job-share applicants should supply individual CVs and a joint cover letter.