Director, Banking and Investments
Director, Portfolio Management
As the Bank builds out its capabilities, it is recruiting several Directors to the Banking and Investments team. A Director is critical to ensuring the long-term success of the Bank and will play a significant leadership role, reporting to a Managing Director. The role will focus on originating, structuring and negotiating complex, bespoke infrastructure transactions with the Bank providing debt, equity or guarantees. The scope of investments will be UK national level however co-investors would include key financial institutions globally. The role holder will act as an ambassador for the Bank’s twin missions of local and regional growth and the Net Zero transition.
Core role accountabilities
- Actively lead external market engagement with investors, developers, banks and industry players to build the profile of UKIB in the market, including speaking at industry events and conferences, to proactively generate new opportunities to meet the Bank’s annual targets.
- Originate and screen potential projects and make recommendations to investment committee on the potential eligibility of projects based upon their commercial and policy impact viability.
- Lead deal teams in the structuring, negotiation and the due diligence process, including assessment of third party due diligence provided by technical, legal, and other advisors.
- Take a leading role for the Bank in its policy initiatives by utilising UKIB’s full product suite including debt, equity and guarantees, to deliver effective financing solutions that meet the Bank’s strategic infrastructure objectives.
- Interface in an open, constructive and collaborative manner with colleagues across the Bank to share expert knowledge and experience, construct sector strategies and assess the suitability of prospective deals to fulfil the strategic mission of the Bank.
- Proactively maintain and build positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, to include Government Departments, ALBs (eg UK Export Finance, British Business Bank, UK Government Investments and Scottish National Infrastructure Bank) as well as banks, investors, advisers and project sponsors to create future opportunities and enhance UKIB’s reputation in the market.
- Lead and motivate a high performing team and encourage a culture of knowledge sharing and learning to nurture future talent and proactively contribute to the Bank’s strategic objectives and cement the Bank’s reputation as a centre of excellence in infrastructure banking.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience requirements
- Substantial career experience and market knowledge in infrastructure financing or investment.
- Expert knowledge of debt and or equity products and the infrastructure sector with experience in dealing at Board level with investors, contractors and advisors in the delivery of complex projects.
- Wide-ranging leadership experience and demonstrable ability to excel in managing high performing teams coupled with a robust enthusiasm for nurturing and developing talent.
- Able to act with a high level of confidence, maturity and credibility that is likely to result in positively influencing outcomes that are in the best interests of the Bank.
- Significant track record in building a strong network of market relationships that can help the Bank deliver its targets.
- Commercially astute with excellent proven negotiation skills.
- Be a skilled communicator and passionate about contributing to the positive culture of the organisation.
This role is open to full-time, part-time or job-share applicants. Job-share applicants should supply individual CVs and a joint cover letter.
Sift criteria and apply
To apply for this position please apply with CV and covering letter up to 500 words, via the link below.