Assistant Director, Banking and Investments
Director, Portfolio Management
As the Bank builds out its capabilities, it is recruiting several Assistant Directors to the Banking and Investments team. An Assistant Director will focus on the execution of complex, bespoke infrastructure transactions with the Bank providing debt, equity or guarantees. The scope of investments will be UK national level however co-investors may include key financial institutions globally. The role holder will support the Directors, deputising as necessary, in negotiating documentation and driving the due diligence and approval processes. The role holder will act as an ambassador for the Bank’s twin missions of local and regional growth and the Net Zero transition.
Core role accountabilities
- Support Directors in external market engagement with investors, developers, banks and industry players to build the profile of UKIB in the market including individual attendance at industry events and roundtables to proactively promote the Bank and support in generating new opportunities.
- Assist in the origination and screening of potential projects and making of recommendations to investment committee, on the potential eligibility of projects based upon their commercial and policy impact viability.
- Work as a proactive member of deal teams, deputising for the relevant Director when required, in the structuring, negotiation and due diligence of transactions, including assessment of third-party due diligence provided by technical, legal, and other advisors and produce investment papers for approval.
- Support the Bank in its policy initiatives by utilising UKIB’s full product suite including, debt, equity and guarantees, to deliver effective financing solutions that meet the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Support the Portfolio Team with deal and market knowledge on closed projects to manage the underlying risk of transactions.
- Interface in an open, constructive and collaborative manner with colleagues across the Bank to share specific industry knowledge and experience, contribute to sector strategies and help assess the suitability of prospective deal flow to fulfil the strategic mission of the Bank.
- Proactively maintain and build positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, to include Government Departments, ALBs (eg UKEF, BBB, UKGI and SNIB) as well as Banks, investors, advisers and project sponsors to help create future opportunities and enhance UKIB’s reputation in the market.
- Act as a role model and mentor for junior team members by encouraging a culture of knowledge sharing and learning to nurture future talent proactively contribute to the Bank’s strategic objectives and cement the Bank’s reputation as a centre of excellence in infrastructure banking and investment.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience requirements
- Demonstrable experience in infrastructure or other complex financing or investment gained through lending, investment, advisory or asset management roles
- Financially astute with deep knowledge of market terms, transactions and participants
- Strong analytical, presentation and numeracy skills
- Commercially astute with evidence of negotiation skills developed from involvement in complex transactions
- Demonstrate confidence in building relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled in understanding and digesting complex information and data as part of a due diligence process
- Skilled communicator including strong written/report writing skills
This role is open to full-time, part-time or job-share applicants. Job-share applicants should supply individual CVs and a joint cover letter.
Sift criteria and apply
To apply for this position please apply with CV and covering letter up to 500 words, via the link below.